sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] Hosting Next Steps (Re: website status report)

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM Admin <sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] Hosting Next Steps (Re: website status report)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 01:35:04 -0500

On Oct 17, Odin [odin AT dtdm.org] wrote:
> You should also consider to check and maybe get in touch with:
>
> http://www.superbservers.com/ (
> http://www.superbservers.net/services/index.php )

I have looked at their offerings; as you noted, they don't appear to have
an option to install our own distribution on it. Also, we don't have
anyone located near their data centers as far as I can tell. Sprocket's
prices are at least as good, and they're overtly OSS-friendly, so I think
they're a better option.

Thanks though.