pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Mounting Pleuothallis pectinata upside down?

  • From: "James Rassmann" <rassmann541@msn.com>
  • To: <geiger@vetigastropoda.com>, <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Mounting Pleuothallis pectinata upside down?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 06:05:56 -0700

I lusted after P. pectinata for years and finally got one (apparently the only one they had) from SBOE about four years ago. I grow it under intermediate conditions, but suspect that it likes it on the warmer end. It is mounted pendant on a tree fern slab along with a mound of sphagnum and appears to grow only one new leaf per year. It is now about a foot long. It grows along with Draculas and many different Masdevallias and Pleuros in the gh. I don't believe that we can ever expect "rampant" growth out of this species. If you ever find out any habitat info I'd like to hear about it.

Luck - Jim Rassmann