pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Green Books Vol XXVIII

  • From: "Linda Sedlacek" <lmg6534@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
  • To: <lthoerle@alumni.uchicago.edu>, <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Green Books Vol XXVIII
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:36:42 -0400

Lucky us! In a way, I dread splitting up genera. You have to relearn
so much information. Plus, the judges just cannot keep up, so you have
to put two names on your plants. Of course, don't forget the mess with
renaming hybrids. You have to reexamine the parentage and then figure
out what genus/intergeneric you have.

To be honest though, I love doing this stuff. I know ... I am a little
sadistic. Of course, being a taxonomist myself (not in plants, but
small crustaceans), means that I understand some of the reasoning behind
it, and I sympathize completely with the way others look at them after a
huge split like this one.

I look forward to the read!

Linda