pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Hey all...

  • From: "Linda Sedlacek" <lmg6534@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
  • To: "'Marc Nolan Hachadourian'" <mhach@ix.netcom.com>, <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Hey all...
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:16:09 -0400

Nice to know that the group is still growing.  It has been quiet for awhile.  Here in North Florida my plants are starting to get a little stressed.  They hate the heat, but also what comes around when it gets warm.  A group of squirrels broke into the greenhouse and ravaged my pleurothallid table.  A few are not salvageable as they ate all of the leaves and pseudobulbs.  Some may survive, but they only have a leaf or two left.  One of my non-pleuros on the table only has pseudobulbs.  It is amazing what the little monsters can do in one day!  Luckily they only attacked one half of the table.  I know what my chore will be this weekend though....squirrel-proofing the greenhouse!  (It is tempting to leave my hunting dog out to kill them off, but I do occasionally feel bad when she kills them.)

Linda

Tallahassee, FL