pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] MSU Fertilizer

  • From: "Bill Meng" <bill1@earthlink.net>
  • To: "pleurothallid-l" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] MSU Fertilizer
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:34:18 -0400

Speaking about fertilizers growers will "fertilize weekly weakly" or just
"water with dilute applications". I am currently using the MSU fertilizer
with water from a basement dehumidifier or rain water. Using the liquid
concentrate sold by Porters I had been diluting 1 tsp per gallon (label
suggests 1 tablespoon per gallon). Recently an orchid dealer told me that
this fertilizer could be used according to label directions. At 1
tblspn/gal (as recommended) this fertilizer is being applied at almost 500
ppm. Most recommendations for fertilizing I've come across seem to be in
the vicinity of 100--150 ppm. 2/3 tsp would give approximately 100 ppm.

I would like to know how other pleurothallid growers are using this
fertilizer.
Bill Meng
bill1@earthlink.net