person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] drones or queens?

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: person_county_beekeepers_association <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] drones or queens?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:14:19 -0400 (EDT)

I agree! Everything I see appears to be drone.

I would add that the brood nests in the over-wintered colonies I have looked
at
recently have been a bit cramped. Now is a good time to move some empty drawn
comb from the outside edges of the box (or above) in to the center of the
brood
nest to give the queen more room to lay. This is also a good opportunity to
take a closer look for any swarm preparations.

Lewis