permaculture - [permaculture] More good stuff - links - projects - help for Afgan women - Witches: the people of Afghanistan need our help! (See comments for resources) : WitchesVsPatriarchy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] More good stuff - links - projects - help for Afgan women - Witches: the people of Afghanistan need our help! (See comments for resources) : WitchesVsPatriarchy
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 00:33:35 -0700

More good serious activism - links - projects - help for Afgan women -
Witches: the people of Afghanistan need our help! (See comments for
resources) : WitchesVsPatriarchy
https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/comments/p6wwza/witches_the_people_of_afghanistan_need_our_help/

Here you go:[–]swqmb <https://www.reddit.com/user/swqmb> Mountain Witch[S
<https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/comments/p6wwza/witches_the_people_of_afghanistan_need_our_help/>
] 169 points 5 days ago
<https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/gilded>

Hello witches! Knowing I am not the only one horrified and heartbroken by
the acts in Afghanistan, I am compiling ways for us to help! This list is
not by any means exhaustive, and I encourage others to share additional
resources and links.

Consider donation to Women for Women international
<https://support.womenforwomen.org/donate/afghanistan-emergency-2x-match?src=HHUA21082A>.
They are currently matching donations and are actively on the ground with
women and children.

Children Without Borders
<https://childrenwithoutborders.ca/make-a-donation/?cause_id=7743> works
specifically with the children of Afghanistan, and is currently working to
help in the current crisis.

The United Nations Refugee Agency
<https://donate.unhcr.org/int/en/afghanistan-situation#_ga=2.138218160.1000386236.1629246971-1841975216.1629246971>
is an international peace organization that helps refugees and is working
closely with those in Afghanistan.

Choose Love <https://choose.love> is a system that allows you to purchase
"gifts" which are delivered to displaced peoples of the world (primarily a
UK company but also has a US option).

/r/afghanistan <https://www.reddit.com/r/afghanistan> (
the posts and comments) ) has a sticked "where to donate" post here
<https://www.reddit.com/r/afghanistan/comments/p4o67f/how_to_help_donation_links>
.

submitted 9 days ago * by lettucegetahead
<https://www.reddit.com/user/lettucegetahead>
<https://www.reddit.com/r/afghanistan/gilded> I’ve created a list of links
to donate to. I’ve been asked how to help on my other posts so I’ve created
a list. Pls feel free to add more in the comments.

https://www.islamicreliefcanada.org/emergencies/afghanistan-emergency/

https://www.savethechildren.org/us/where-we-work/afghanistan

https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/the-safer-world-fund/

https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/the-safer-world-fund/

https://www.afghanaid.org.uk

https://www.aryanaaid.org.uk

https://muslimhands.org.uk/appeals/focus-afghanistan

https://www.care.org.au/country/afghanistan/

https://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/about-us/where-we-work/afghanistan/

https://www.actionagainsthunger.org/countries/asia/afghanistan

https://www.instagram.com/mothersofafghanistan/

https://www.instagram.com/srowzarchildren/

https://www.instagram.com/currently_goingon/

https://helpafghanistanchildren.org/

https://www.instagram.com/childrenwithoutborders/

Islamic Relief operates almost worldwide so pls check in your country what
they’re doing for Afghanistan.

Thanks. Please share, donate if you can and spread awareness.

We also link this
<https://www.instagram.com/p/CSq5KktLI4i/?utm_medium=copy_link> instagram
post, which explains how to be a good activist and ally.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSq5KktLI4i/?utm_medium=copy_link

For those whose flavor of witchcraft is contacting legislators: this
<https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/comments/p67y6f/things_we_can_do_to_help_our_sisters_in>
post breaks down how to do so.

Things we can do to help our sisters in Afghanistan.
<https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/comments/p67y6f/things_we_can_do_to_help_our_sisters_in/>Burn
the Patriarchy (self.WitchesVsPatriarchy
<https://www.reddit.com/r/WitchesVsPatriarchy/>)

submitted 6 days ago * by -4twenty- <https://www.reddit.com/user/-4twenty->

Edit: This information pertains to the United States. If someone wants to
add their respective country’s information, I’ll gladly edit this post to
include it.

Malala Yousafzai, the Nobel Peace Prize laureate who was shot in the face
by the Taliban, calls on the international community to protect
Afghanistan's women and children
<https://www.businessinsider.com/nobel-peace-laureate-malala-yousafzai-international-community-help-afghan-women-2021-8>
.

The 24-year-old human rights activist called the situation in Afghanistan
an “urgent humanitarian crisis,” adding that “every country has a role and
responsibility” to open their borders to Afghan refugees and displaced
people.

Find your representative
<https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative> and
encourage them to open our borders to refugees.

[Edit: Feel free to copy and paste the following when contacting your
representatives.]

The United States must call for an immediate ceasefire and provide urgent
humanitarian aid and protect refugees and civilians. We have a
responsibility to open our borders to Afghan refugees and displaced people.

If the United States has enough money to bomb Somalia, we can surely find
enough money to do this.

  • [permaculture] More good stuff - links - projects - help for Afgan women - Witches: the people of Afghanistan need our help! (See comments for resources) : WitchesVsPatriarchy, Lawrence London, 08/24/2021