permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: 🌿 Remineralization: A blueprint for restoring ecological balance! 🌍 🌏 🌎

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: sustagnet@googlegroups.com, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: 🌿 Remineralization: A blueprint for restoring ecological balance! 🌍 🌏 🌎
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 16:20:40 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Remineralize the Earth <jcampe@remineralize.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Subject: 🌿 Remineralization: A blueprint for restoring ecological
balance! 🌍 🌏 🌎

Does the ancient application of minerals on trees likewise shed new light
on the place of remineralization in the race to stabilize the climate?

to l <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>

*Check out our latest articles!*

*Features*

*Survey Says: Nutrient Levels Vary Greatly In Bionutrient’s First Annual
Report*

The Bionutrient Food Association
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=f41bdf6e2c&e=f1204bc2d1>
(BFA) recently found that the same crops grown under different conditions
offer wide variations in nutrient levels. This research allows growers and
farmers to correlate environmental conditions to nutritional results so
they can improve practices on all sizes of plots and farms globally.

Antioxidant, polyphenol and mineral levels in carrots and spinach appear to
vary significantly from sources such as farms, farmers markets and stores,
researchers concluded in BFA’s first annual report on food supply nutrient
variation, released earlier this year.

*Global Carbon Reward: Possible Planet aims to prove up incentives for
remineralization *

Possible Planet
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=40358627e4&e=f1204bc2d1>
is pursuing a partnership with Stone House Farm to demonstrate how a unique
carbon mitigation incentive might support regenerative agriculture and
promote remineralization with rock dust.

β€œThe overall project goal is to bring the policy to the attention of
policymakers, national governments and political groups, with the aim of
giving it fair consideration as a new and relevant climate mitigation
policy.”

-Jonathan Cloud, Possible Planet

*β€˜Redribble-ize’ the Earth: Basketball Court Art Installation Explores
Environmental Themes, Replenishes Soils *

When it comes to communicating the brilliant, practical, natural and
economic solution that is rock dust, a creative remineralization basketball
court
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=e474bd9560&e=f1204bc2d1>
provides the β€˜slam-dunk’ combination of educational art and inspirational
play.

Developed at Franconia Sculpture Park in Shafer, Minn., half the court will
contain a custom concrete-like surface that will release minerals as it is
worn down by players and the weather, while the other half will include a
garden of prairie plants that encourage microbial and arthropod activity.

*Latest News*

*Planting a Trillion Trees to Save Earth? Remineralization Can Help*
Reforesting the Earth
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=4a045d70b8&e=f1204bc2d1>
with a trillion trees may be the best way to fight climate change, and
remineralizing the Earth with crushed rock dust is perhaps the best way to
ensure those trees take root, grow and prosper.

β€œRock powders act as a natural slow release, long-lasting fertilizer
greatly increasing soil fertility, biomass, biological productivity, and
food supplies. At the same time, chemical reaction with rocks is the major
mechanism that removes CO2 from the atmosphere on geological time scales.
This is an important solution to reverse runaway global climate change.”

-Thomas Goreau, biogeochemist

*Launching Remineralize! A Fundraiser for the Future*

RTE is launching a new fundraising campaign
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=116133fb88&e=f1204bc2d1>,
which calls for financial partnership to help realize the global
opportunity remineralization presents.

Remineralization is a blueprint for restoring ecological balance. In
replenishing our soils, this simple solution is crucial to rolling back the
effects of climate change. Over many years, RTE has created a firm
foundation on which to grow this opportunity.

*Blog*

*The Ancient Native American Practice of Remineralization*
*Indigenous Perspective: Implications for the Past and Future*

Recent research
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=c14923e46e&e=f1204bc2d1>
by Dr. Lee Klinger suggests Indigenous people of the California Sierras for
centuries used remineralization to care for and shape forests. The practice
and success of remineralization of forests by native populations spurs new
questions in the modern era of climate change and ecosystem disruption.

*Our projects*

*Help us give teachers the tools to educate a new generation of
eco-warriors.*
Our world needs future leaders able to tackle complex environmental
challenges. Your donation helps us develop *Let’s Remineralize! Science Ed
K-12*β€” an online tool for teachers to engage students with fun lesson
plans. Junior scientists learn how returning minerals to soils benefits the
climate and all plant life, from foods to forests.

SUPPORT OUR LET'S REMINERALIZE! PROJECT
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=1c4980fa35&e=f1204bc2d1>

*The brilliant, practical, natural, economic solution that is rock dust.*

We are talking about* restoring soils and forests. *We are talking about*
producing higher agricultural yields. *We are talking about* more
nutritious food. *We’re talking about* storing carbon in soils to stabilize
the climate.*

Does it handle all environmental issues? No. But* it is a key strategy to
restoring the natural system *that we all depend upon.

Together we can make this happen! Now is the time to support us with a
monthly donation! You can also donate by check (payable to Remineralize the
Earth) by mailing your contribution to us at 152 South Street, Northampton,
MA 01060 USA.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=750aa62159&e=f1204bc2d1>

To thrive and meet our fundraising goal, RTE needs:

250 people to give $2 per month - $500
100 people to give $5 per month - $500
50 people to give $10 per month - $500
10 people to give $25 per month - $250
5 people to give $55 per month - $275

*RTE NEEDS YOU!*

Please give $2 or more to ensure that we can continue to fulfill our
mission. Post on social media and reach out to friends both online and in
person! Let them know that you are supporting a great cause and encourage
them to contribute $2 or more. We truly value all donations, whatever the
amount, because every donation brings us closer to achieving and advancing
our projects.

*HELP US* to initiate and sustain agroforestry projects that can produce
healthy and sustainable food, fuel and income for communities in the
post-hurricane Caribbean and elsewhere.

*JOIN US *in building our online project, Let’s Remineralize! Science Ed
K-12, so that junior scientists can learn about remineralization,
contribute to our research and share their results on a GIS map.

*SUPPORT US* in continuing to partner with NGOs in the US and worldwide,
conduct research and create demonstration projects.

For a remineralized Earth,

Joanna Campe
Founder and Executive Director

Remineralization is critical to creating healthy food systems, sustainable
land management, an informed public, as well as scientists and
policy-makers, including those working to include soil for carbon as part
of the UN Climate Pact.

*It all begins with healthy soil!*

Learn about our work via the latest features
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=abde62e5d5&e=f1204bc2d1>,
news
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=5390f10ea4&e=f1204bc2d1>,
and blog posts.
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=be46569156&e=f1204bc2d1>

SUPPORT US ON PATREON
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=13e9e6ba60&e=f1204bc2d1>

We are a small non-profit with researchers, board members, and volunteers
all over the world, all cooperating for the common goal of a healthier
world. To do that, we look towards the soil, the vast micro-universe
beneath our feet that supports all life.

All of our efforts focus on remineralization as an effective and measurable
way to enrich soil, grow healthy foods, and revive agriculture and
regenerate forests. Every donation helps us continue this very important
work!

[image: Facebook]
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=14cf5deb7c&e=f1204bc2d1>
[image: Twitter]
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=2c3a9a7bef&e=f1204bc2d1>
[image: Instagram]
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=b889f4c3da&e=f1204bc2d1>
[image: Website]
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=66cf71d782&e=f1204bc2d1>

*Remineralize the Earth*
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA

Email: jcampe@remineralize.org

http://www.remineralize.org
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=e23ea370c2&e=f1204bc2d1>

*Book*
Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon
Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466595392
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=0041e977a7&e=f1204bc2d1>

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: 🌿 Remineralization: A blueprint for restoring ecological balance! 🌍 🌏 🌎, Lawrence London, 10/08/2019