permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [sustagnet] Vermont - Youth Climate Encampment with a focus on agriculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [sustagnet] Vermont - Youth Climate Encampment with a focus on agriculture
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 15:37:14 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Grace Gershuny <gracegershuny@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 2:11 PM
Subject: [sustagnet] Vermont - Youth Climate Encampment with a focus on
agriculture
To: COMFOOD listserve <comfood@elist.tufts.edu>, <sustagnet@googlegroups.com

Please circulate to your groups if you are anywhere in New England - Thanks!

THE CLIMATE ENCAMPMENT

OCTOBER 17-19, 2019

VERMONT STATE HOUSE GROUNDS

The September 20 Global Strike was amazing, but it’s just a start as we
work to mobilize a global movement!

WORKSHOPS - MUSIC - AGROECOLOGY DEMOS

FRIDAY NIGHT RECLAIM THE STREET DANCE PARTY

HARVEST DINNERS - PEOPLE'S ASSEMBLY

*Left: Youth lead 500 people onto route 2 in Montpelier to protest inaction
on the climate emergency*

*Right: Youth and community members stage a "die-in" to dramatize what is
expected from climate-driven food systems collapse*

Join us in our next youth-conceived un-permitted action to address the
climate emergency and build community resilience. We’re planning Climate
Encampment from October 17 - 19 at the Vermont Statehouse and we want
everyone involved.

This is an INTERSTATE/BORDERLESS action, so please invite ALL your friends
and colleagues! Forward this information on!

Here's the Climate Encampment Proposal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SeWDpMx137wH85w4QTQWdFWxlB5rHdzO5ccJxZJV8lA/edit?usp=sharing>
from the Youth Action Alliance (by a Montpelier High School sophomore)

Upcoming Encampment Meetings - Open to any individuals and/or
representatives of community groups or organizations. Zoom access will be
available.

Wednesday October 9, 6-8 Unitarian Universalist Church

Wednesday October 16, 6-8 Kellogg Hubbard Library

sign up for updates and ways to be involved
<https://forms.gle/LrSryT4jrsMgCXdk8> https://forms.gle/m8GNvy8rPRXsw23B7

Upcoming Youth Action Alliance Meetings - Open to all youth 12 - 24

Thursday October 10, TBA

Please sign up for the Youth Action Alliance support list HERE
<https://forms.gle/JaBoHsv9VrfFXbTp6>

Please share the Facebook event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/430298101168226/>

Updates will be available on Facebook and https://xrvt.us/october2019/

*Grace GershunyGAIA ServicesBarnet, VT - USA802-633-4152*
gracegershuny@gmail.com

Author of *Organic Revolutionary: A Memoir of the Movement for Real Food,
Planetary Healing, & Human Liberation*
www.organic-revolutionary.com

--
Visit the group Google site at https://sites.google.com/site/sustagnet
---

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [sustagnet] Vermont - Youth Climate Encampment with a focus on agriculture, Lawrence London, 10/07/2019