permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Ocean Cleanup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Ocean Cleanup
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:39:30 -0400

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 5:15 PM georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:

> > Am 28.08.2018 um 22:59 schrieb Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>:
> >
> > It starts on land, pollutes the land then the waterways and the ocean:
> > How could any responsible person walk away from this?
> >
> > The amount of mess and rubbish left at leeds fest this weekend is insane
>
> I recently talked to a youth who seemed to enjoy polluting in the city,
> and he quite clearly explained to me: "The multinationals fuck up the world
> bigtime, they pollute in unimaginable ways, and you don’t stop them. But
> then you see me trow away my beer can, and come after me so I pick it up.
> Fuck you!"

Well, fuck him if he doesn't pick up his own beer can and fuck him if he
objects to my reminding him to do so and fuck him for his invincible
ignorance about multinationals, i.e. his gross over generalizations about
them when he is to lazy to find out what they actually do and which ones
are the worst offenders. I always thought people looked to the Japanese,
the Germans and other Europeans as examples of sane civil behavior and
cleanliness.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com