permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Questions on timelines and strategies for bio-remediation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Questions on timelines and strategies for bio-remediation
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 17:41:57 -0400

Poverty-Stricken Communities in Ghana are Restoring Once-Barren Land

http://www.ipsnews.net/2018/08/poverty-stricken-communities-ghana-restoring-barren-land/

The Garu and Tempane districts, which encompass 1,230 square kilometres or
123,000 hectares, had large portions of barren and degraded land until just
three years ago. Now, there are pockets of lush grass, neem trees, berries
and indigenous fruit growing on some 250 hectares of restored land. The dry
earth is beginning to flourishing, albeit it slowly.