permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Question for Scott Pittman | Re: (60) Irgizli, A Beautiful village in the southern Urals - Vanishing Russian villages | YouTube

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question for Scott Pittman | Re: (60) Irgizli, A Beautiful village in the southern Urals - Vanishing Russian villages | YouTube
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:13:33 +1200

Hi Lawrence this is a subject familiar in many ways to rural villages the
world over. We see similar patterns in every country. Young people are very
aware of the bling, glamour and entertainment of city life and all the
trappings that go with it. I've just spent a few months in Moldova invited
to steer a project there. The rural villages are empty but for the
grandparents. The very small sparks of growth from regenerative resilience
permaculture organic ecological or any other similar term is very rare. Of
course the opportunities are huge. Are we at the end of one evolution and
the start of a new ? Only time will tell. My time was curtailed by hidden
agendas, politics, and ego as well as a few cossy little nests. Hopefully
more of us will assist the little sparks we see ignited to build bigger
fires. The Balkan Project is one good example. ..Steve Hart

Kia ora Ehoa

*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*

Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology via Ecological Agriculture..​

*Skype: tipenemanawaPhone: +64 220 75 62 11*

The Permaculture International College
https://permacultureeducation.com/
https://permaculturecollege.academia.edu/SteveHart