permaculture - Re: [permaculture] CONFERENCE

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] CONFERENCE
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 12:51:20 +0200

YEAH..its a challenging journey for sure. How many do you have registered
on this site ? and how much debate is there ? I do, as you know enjoy
debate. But its seriously lacking probably due to the politeness expected
within, and the far too many sensitive soles in membership. Many who depart
when rhetoric becomes personal or edgie ? But it would be great to see an
adjunct event with our Conferences. Steve Hart

On 1 March 2018 at 07:51, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 11:47 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Maybe worth looking into LL...http://goatech.org/conference/
> >
> > Perhaps its an idea that could evolve as an adjunct to Permaculture
> > conferences..a trade show or fair or Goat Rodeo ?...Where's the next
> NAPC ?
> > Steve Hart
> >

> Thanks for that cheerful proposal for an open-ended open source
> freethinking convocation of like minded folks.
> "Yo-Yo Ma described a goat rodeo, saying: 'If there were forks in the road
> and each time there was a fork, the right decision was made, then you get
> to a goat rodeo.'
> That is cool and quite a challenge. With a group you'd need consensus at
> every fork in the rod. Its inspirational.
>
> Maybe we can have such gatherings with folks where we live and connect each
> node using this PC forum, which would be free.
> Its worth thinking about as has been the idea of establishing a
> distributed network of local PC gatherings, sharing proceedings in a forum
> like this;
> written reports, media, etc.
>
> You know we really need to kick this permaculture movement into the next
> higher gear. My suggestion is to revisit the nuts and bolts of permaculture
> for intriguing new ideas for projects and systems for the homestead.
>
> I think the poseurs, phonies and greedheads seeking to lead people astray
> and exploit the PC movement have evaporated. That leaves us and other
> movers and shakers
> to sustain the movement and forge future paths..
>
> I feel pretty enthused about all this so will post my thoughts, occasional
> vision for the future of PC and ideas for getting things done.
>
> Just a few random thoughts.
>
> I'll look for more input from you.
>
> LL
>
> --
> Lawrence F. London, Jr.
> lfljvenaura@gmail.com
> https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared

Kia ora Ehoa

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: