permaculture - Re: [permaculture] CONFERENCE

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] CONFERENCE
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 00:51:14 -0500

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 11:47 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe worth looking into LL...http://goatech.org/conference/
>
> Perhaps its an idea that could evolve as an adjunct to Permaculture
> conferences..a trade show or fair or Goat Rodeo ?...Where's the next NAPC ?
> Steve Hart

Thanks for that cheerful proposal for an open-ended open source
freethinking convocation of like minded folks.
"Yo-Yo Ma described a goat rodeo, saying: 'If there were forks in the road
and each time there was a fork, the right decision was made, then you get
to a goat rodeo.'
That is cool and quite a challenge. With a group you'd need consensus at
every fork in the rod. Its inspirational.

Maybe we can have such gatherings with folks where we live and connect each
node using this PC forum, which would be free.
Its worth thinking about as has been the idea of establishing a
distributed network of local PC gatherings, sharing proceedings in a forum
like this;
written reports, media, etc.

You know we really need to kick this permaculture movement into the next
higher gear. My suggestion is to revisit the nuts and bolts of permaculture
for intriguing new ideas for projects and systems for the homestead.

I think the poseurs, phonies and greedheads seeking to lead people astray
and exploit the PC movement have evaporated. That leaves us and other
movers and shakers
to sustain the movement and forge future paths..

I feel pretty enthused about all this so will post my thoughts, occasional
vision for the future of PC and ideas for getting things done.

Just a few random thoughts.

I'll look for more input from you.

LL

--