permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kelda Lorax <kelda@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 12:34:24 -0500

Okay, although I wish I still had the original message. For brevity's sake I chose not to tell you how much I disagreed with you then, but I will now.

Your definitions are based on thing like Oxford Dictionary being written primarily by white men,
http://www.diversityinc.com/ask-the-white-guy/ask-the-white-guy-is-the-oxford-dictionary-definition-of-racism-too-white-for-you/

so no your definitions are not correct.

My 'generalization' about white people being racist is standard anti-racism discourse among the people who study racism and are in the trenches about how to dismantle it.

Feel free to think I'm just wrong personally, but it's not going to make you any less anti-racist!! I'm pretty sure everyone on this list wants to be less racist, so whether you like how it's said or not, if you want to get into the trenches too, use this as a time for further study.

Kelda