permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 12:25:54 -0400

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Suraj <suraj@sunson.in> wrote:

> Your thoughts are wonderful. Great writing. Indeed, as the management guru

Thank you, Suraj.

Peter M Senge says "Native Intelligence is Systems Intelligence" and "This
> world we live in is the result of Systems Ignorance".

I think you could say that when searching for the origins of Systems
Intelligence they do not go deep enough so that they may locate sources
within native intelligence that contain building blocks vital to the
completeness and veracity of their work. Indigineous people's spiritual
beliefs built on enlightenment, discovery, intuition and experience
constitute their traditions carried forth through generations.
Their unique and valuable body of Indigenous Knowledge enables them to
survive. Systems Intelligence, if of any real value, cannot come into being
and evolve without utilizing and recognizing Indigenous Knowledge.

> So, by combining
> these two, we need to wear a profound respect for any and all native
> traditions. By the simple law of PoSiWiD (Purpose of System is What it
> Does) we must learn to see age old traditions as having been time tested
> and as stuff to be studied carefully and credited for because in those
> traditions are solutions to many other problems that systems thinking alone
> cannot give (ex: Systems Thinking barely scratches the surface of earth
> spirituality which is often deeply ingrained in most indigenous cultures in
> ways the people of the dominant culture cannot even accept / understand).

Wonderful! Brilliant. You said it better than I ever could. This is gold.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com