permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:17:11 -0400

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Kelda Lorax <kelda@riseup.net> wrote:

> (One of the first steps in anti-racism trainings is to realize that all
> white people are racist

Holy mother of god what mindless prattle. What a insensitive, ill-informed,
insulting thing to say.

> because we've been trained to be that way.

We have all been trained that way, huh?
All, not just some have and some haven't, huh?

There is a wide spectrum of people who harbor racist attitudes whenther
they know it or not or whether they admit it or not.
You should have spent a few years in the South but then I hear racism is
often more severe in Northern states.

> To deny our training is just to delay our inner work that could actually
> help to fix the problem).

Now you are saying something. To purge racism from within me if I feel it
creeping in I like to start with the Australian Aborigines and look at
their relationship with each other, the rest of humanity and the Earth and
of course Gaia. They hold the keys and we are here to learn, if we want to
do ourselves good.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com