permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 23:12:21 -0400

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Claudia Joseph <permie@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Some good points here. It does seem that continual teaching and making a
> living from teaching produces a specific type of academic permaculture.
>

> I stopped teaching the PDC and the shorter Accelerated course I had been
> offering in favor of Field Training this season. It seemed what people
> needed most in NYC and it is moving our public model forward very nicely. I
> am not making as much income - there will be a balance point somewhere
> along the way, I am sure. Offering barter and scholarships for low income
> participants feels just right. And one woman said her husband’s employer
> would double match her tuition; redistributing overabundance happened
> without my even asking.

Congratulations on your success. You are making waves, which it super
important.

Maybe we can get a farmers coop started here in NC.......you never know
what might be possible.

> Looking at our timeline, the more direct action we can foster, the better.
> - Claudia

That is the biggest message, direct action.

Hope you and yours have a great Summer in NYC (I assume you are in
Brooklyn).

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com