permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claudia Joseph <permie@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How To Decolonize The Permaculture Movement | The Huffington Post
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:04:17 -0400

Some good points here. It does seem that continual teaching and making a
living from teaching produces a specific type of academic permaculture. I
stopped teaching the PDC and the shorter Accelerated course I had been
offering in favor of Field Training this season. It seemed what people needed
most in NYC and it is moving our public model forward very nicely. I am not
making as much income - there will be a balance point somewhere along the
way, I am sure. Offering barter and scholarships for low income participants
feels just right. And one woman said her husband’s employer would double
match her tuition; redistributing overabundance happened without my even
asking. Looking at our timeline, the more direct action we can foster, the
better. - Claudia