permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Podcast on new CSA Farm Charter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Podcast on new CSA Farm Charter
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 09:22:15 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven McFadden <chiron@chiron-communications.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 8:29 AM
Subject: [SANET-MG] Podcast on new CSA Farm Charter
To: sanet-mg@googlegroups.com

SANET Compatriots -

My friend Allan Balliett has not gotten around to posting this notice on
SANET, so I'm going to do it for him. Time to get the word out. Allan
organized, recorded and has now podcast a conversation with Elizabeth
Henderson and me about the new CSA Charter.

Here's an edited introduction to the podcast, and also a link should you
wish to listen or to download:

-----------

Many small farmer-operated CSAs are in a crisis because numerous non-local,
non-quality food sales schemes have pushed Real CSAs out of the fresh,
wholesome local food marketplace that they created. Consumers and
small-scale sustainable farms are the big losers here.

The CSA Charter is a way Real CSAs can identify themselves as authentic to
local consumers and is a way that consumers can make sure that they invest
their food dollars with Real CSAs and not profiteers, so their food dollars
support better personal health, the training of future farmers, and a
better environment.

In this episode of the Biodynamics Now! Podcast, CSA movement leaders
Elizabeth Henderson and Steven McFadden discuss details of the new CSA
Charter with host, and long time biodynamics CSA farmer, Allan Balliett.

You can listen to or download this program (and dozens more like it) at:
http://bit.ly/2lDKw8u

Steven McFadden

*Chiron Communications*
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiron-communications.com>

Santa Fe, New Mexico USA

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Podcast on new CSA Farm Charter, Lawrence London, 03/10/2017