permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Off Grid Water Systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Off Grid Water Systems
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 21:53:38 -0500

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 3:23 PM, gil carandang <gil_carandang@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> yes am aware of her work. in fact, i attended one of her workshops in
> tulare, california sometime ago. the 1,000 sqm. sustainable integrated
> organic & natural mini-farm is based on principles of permaculture,
> biodynamics-french intensive of chadwick (biointensive of jeavons), natural
> farming systems developed by the japanese and korean natural farmers (cho
> father and son), elaine ingham, among others. the "synthesized" approach
> is simple, very doable using available indigenous local materials, and
> simple goal of food self-reliance and provision of income, and
> environmental renewal. more than anything else, the concept & design has
> been used by thousands of filipino farmers (especially the typhoon haiyan
> (yolanda) devastated area of leyte) ending hunger and starting to address
> "ending poverty".
>
> - farm design/plan
>
> - special use of windbreaks and water impoundments
>
> - minimal tillage (from deep tillage to "zero tillage" using microbes)
>
> - anaerobic 10-day composting (without turning the pile)
>
> - use of structured, oxygenated and alkaline water in farming crops and
> raising animals
>
> - important use of biochar in soil amending and soil fertility management
>
> - special focus on root growth and stimulation of seedling transplants
>
> - use of special bionutrients to stimulate plant growth, induce flowering
> & fruiting, increase weight biomass and improve taste
>
> - effective use of the principle of "farming with earth, water, wind &
> fire", beneficial indigenous microorganisms and bionutrients
>
> - salient use of "subtle energies" use in biodynamics, et. al.
>
> but more than anything else, it synthesizes a lot of actual creative
> experiences of the farmers i taught and learning from nature itself and not
> from us supposedly learned academic people.

Tis is absolutely incredible. All theswe points are precisely my favorits
topics and methods of doing agriculture and permaculture. Thanks!

Therein is the message to go forth and teach and get paid from what you
learn from your studentsfed back into a teaching system that all benefit
from. Your vision leads one to think of a Utopian society.

> i hope pretty soon can come out with a book as i prepare to retire next
> year (i will already be 65!)
>
> You're young, Gil. I am 77 and do a real day's work.

> much thanks to all!

Ane thanks to you for this very post, something I have hoped to see for
many years. What a Christmas gift from you and thanks!

I eagerly await publication of your book.

Cheers,

Lawrence
Chapel Hill, NC, USA, 27516.

--