permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Southwest Indians | Pueblos as incredibly peaceful and egalitarian societies. | pacifist Southwestern farmers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Southwest Indians | Pueblos as incredibly peaceful and egalitarian societies. | pacifist Southwestern farmers
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 09:44:54 -0500

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 4:20 AM, Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:

> Interesting read, Larry, but the connection to permaculture evades me.

It doesn't evade me. Maybe I see Earth and People connections to
Permaculture
that "don't fit the mold"? Maybe I should have been exposed to Permaculture
in the eighties and not the sixties.
Anyway there are so few posts here any more I just keep on loading the
archives with what I think might be intyeresting or of use to someone some
day. I look at permaculture and natural agriculture with a wide
perspective. I guess people are wasting the opportunity to use this list to
create real progress for the Permaculture Movement while making Facebook
richer. To me that is hypocrisy considering all the emphasis on ethics and
principles you see in posts here. This list is a homegrown, free,
profitless, reliable resource. Facebook is all about vast windfall profits
for a small number of people who care not the slightest whether their media
is of any real, longterm use to anyone; instant gratification and trivia
for people with short attention spans, unlike the robust resource this list
is which dates back to 1990, one in on the ground floor of the Internet, a
valuable academic tool vital to the people lucky enough to have access to
the Internet and it.

Curious why you didn't comment on Steve's link to that disgusting right
wing whack job's video?

I will change the subject to something far more interesting, turkeys and
eels for New Zealand.........again, as suggested by Bill Mollison.
That is absolutely spiritual, the subtle mystique of Permaculture. The
brief discussion of that put things back in focus. Leave natural ecosystems
in place, undisturbed, for Man to live in harmony with.This goes far beyond
turkeys and eels to restoration of American praries and plains, to farms
functioning in natural settings, diversified and using Permaculture to the
max. Preserve the best farmland in any country for farming and permaculture
sites. Completely change residential development planning to create
efficient interactive communities while preserving greenspace, fields,
creeks, ponds, forests as wildlife habitat, complex functional ecosystems,
un polluted
and as for people to enjoy in their natural state. If someone wants a
single family home on a tract of land mandate that it be a properly
designed and built permaculture site on as little land as 1/4 acre..
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com