permaculture - Re: [permaculture] official certification

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] official certification
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:21:22 -0400

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Koreen Brennan <koreenbrennan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> . I was just told that someone
> donated some keyline plow shanks to the project! We are really excited
> about that! Bryan has been wanting to try that out for a while. There are
> people there who are interested in using keyline on major acreage on the
> rez if it turns out to be appropriate and can be funded

That is good news. You do need a tractor big enough to pull them OR just
reduce shank depth then increase it a little at a time until full depth is
possible. As the soil tilth improves you can go deeper with the Keyline
Plow. It is an essential tool for working land and is versatile, able to
tilth garden space and channel water flow.

Good news! I wish them luck with all they do especially the Lakota
teachers. That's a substantial committment for them to make. I hope they
are appreciated and utilized.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London