permaculture - [permaculture] What is life-lecture: Jeremy England - YouTube

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] What is life-lecture: Jeremy England - YouTube
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 20:58:35 -0400

[don't worry if many of the heavy technical descriptions leave you behind,
you will understand much of this and gain many new insights - see the
timestamps I listed where the lecture may impart special meaning to you]

What is life-lecture: Jeremy England - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91D5UAz-f4

<>

things that come to mind for me:
ecology
adaptation and survival
the importance of having a quality environment for humans to live in; of
course that is what permaculture is all about

<>

Published on Sep 11, 2014
What is life-lecture: A new theory for evolution. Speaker: Jeremy England,
MIT.
A New Theory Of Evolutionary Adaptation
https://youtu.be/e91D5UAz-f4

[listen at 43 minutes and 50 minutes and particularly at 57 minutes]
[image: youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91D5UAz-f4>

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Don't get involved in partial problems, but always take flight to where
there is a free view over the whole single great problem, even if this view
is still not a clear one.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

Logic takes care of itself; all we have to do is to look and see how it
does it.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

Knowledge is in the end based on acknowledgement.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

Logic is not a body of doctrine, but a mirror-image of the world. Logic is
transcendental.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

The limits of my language means the limits of my world
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to
be found in the grammar of the language.
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

Philosophy is like trying to open a safe with a combination lock: each
little adjustment of the dials seems to achieve nothing, only when
everything is in place does the door open.

<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html>

Man has to awaken to wonder - and so perhaps do peoples. Science is a way
of sending him to sleep again.
Read more at:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/ludwig_wittgenstein.html