permaculture - [permaculture] New book focused on small scale permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Calum Ewing <calumewing@eastlink.ca>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] New book focused on small scale permaculture
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:20:40 -0500

Hi All,

A permaculturist who lives near me has just published a new book on
permaculture that is focused on small scale, abundant living through
incorporating permaculture principles into gardening and homesteading
activities. It also is based on her journey in practicing permaculture in
cooler climates. Permaculture for the Rest of Us: Abundant living on less
than an acre, by Jenni Blackmore is published by New Society Publishers. It
is on sale at 50% off directly from the publisher until Dec 12th.

>From the publisher's website:
https://www.newsociety.com/Books/P/Permaculture-for-the-Rest-of-Us
"Many of us want to increase our self-sufficiency, but few have access to the
ideal 5 sunny, gently-sloping acres of rich, loamy, well-drained soil. Jenni
Blackmore presents a highly entertaining, personal account of how
permaculture can be practiced in adverse conditions, allowing anyone to learn
to live more sustainably in a less-than-perfect world. With a rallying cry of
"If we can do it, you can too," she distills the wisdom of 20 years of trial
and error into a valuable teaching tool.

The perfect antidote to dense, high-level technical manuals, Permaculture for
the Rest of Us presents the fundamental principles of this sometimes
confusing concept in a humorous, reader-friendly way. Each chapter focuses on
a specific method or technique, interspersing straightforward explanations
with the author's own experiences. Learn how to successfully retrofit even
the smallest homestead using skills such as:

No-till vs. till gardening, composting and soil-building
Natural pest control and integrating small livestock
Basic greenhouse construction
Harvesting, preservation and more.

Ideal for urban dreamers, suburbanites and country-dwellers alike, this
inspirational and instructional "encouragement manual" is packed with vibrant
photographs documenting the author's journey from adversity to abundance."

Calum

Calum Ewing

Seaforth, Nova Scotia

  • [permaculture] New book focused on small scale permaculture, Calum Ewing, 12/03/2015