permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture and Climate Change book released

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sandra campe <zukunftswerkstatt@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, pk-liste@permakultur.de
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture and Climate Change book released
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 12:29:14 +0100

Hi all, liebe Leute,

a colleague of mine, Tom from Schumacher Institute, co-wrote a book that
I would like to warmly recommend!

Best,
Sandra

Betreff: [ecolise-general] Permaculture and Climate Change book
released
Datum: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 16:47:45 +0000
Von: Tom Henfrey <tom@schumacherinstitute.org.uk>
Antwort an: tom@schumacherinstitute.org.uk
An: ecolise-general@googlegroups.com

Dear ECOLISErs,

I am very pleased to announce the impending release of the first book to
be produced under the ECOLISE banner, 'Permaculture and Climate Change
Adaptation: Inspiring Ecological, Social, Cultural and Economic
Transition, so represents a good cross-section of what we're about. The
main target audience is policy people and other edges of our networks -
those likely to agree with our aims and methods and to be supportive of
our work - though we're hoping it will be an enjoyable read for people
already involved in community-based action too.

It's available for pre-order (hard copies will ship from Friday) and
digital download from Green Shopping
<http://www.green-shopping.co.uk/permaculture-and-climate-change-adaptation.html>.
There's a discount code for ECOLISE members and friends to get a 40%
reduction on the sale price, which you're welcome to circulate in your
networks. To use it enter GS-PCCA-6 at checkout on Green Shopping. We'll
have a few copies to give away at COP, and will give away more if money
comes in; a digital version will also be available for free at some
point but for now we need to sell a few to cover production costs and
have the possibility to finance a reprint.

If you've any ideas of how best to use this as a tool to promote
permaculture and related approaches to a wider audience, or are
interested in collaborating on translation, please let me know. Volume 2
in our 'Community-Led Transformations' series, a collection of articles
on Transition and Resilience, is already written and should be out in
the spring. Volume 3 is waiting to be imagined...

In solidarity,

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Henfrey
Senior Researcher and Learning Programmes Coordinator

T. +44-(0)117 903 1080
M. +44-(0)7972 535 918
Skype: plakopliko

www.schumacherinstitute.org.uk <http://www.schumacherinstitute.org.uk>
www.transitionresearchnetwork.org <http://www.transitionresearchnetwork.org>

Research Fellow on Grassroots Approaches to Climate Adaptation,
CCIAM, FFCUL, Lisbon University.

Member of ECOLISE Council: www.ecolise.eu <http://www.ecolise.eu>