permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Family farming in Russia today | Peasant landholdings and peasant farming | Peasant/Farming families Sovereignty

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Family farming in Russia today | Peasant landholdings and peasant farming | Peasant/Farming families Sovereignty
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:08:14 -0400

More resources:

Agriculture in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Russia Wikipedia The farming
structure has changed, and the relatively small family farms that have ...
Russian agriculture today is characterized by three main types of farms.
[PDF]Family Farming in Russian Regions, Small-Scale Agriculture and ...
www.fao.org/.../Family%20Farming... Food and Agriculture Organization by H
Donkers - ‎2014 - ‎Related articles The broad objective of Russia's
agricultural policy is to increase food self- sufficiency ... Since Russian
family farms mostly operate locally and regionally.
Prospects for Family Farming in Russia - JStor www.jstor.org/stable/154014
JSTOR by RL Prosterman - ‎1997 - ‎Cited by 8 - ‎Related articles Today,
only 6% of Russia's agricultural land, and about the same percentage of
agricultural ... status of agrarian reform and the prospects for family
farming. The Food Chain - Russia's Collective Farms - Hot Capitalist ...
www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/.../31food.html?... The New York Times Aug 30,
2008 - A large commercial farm, a new phenomenon in Russia. ... Earlier
reformers envisioned the collective farms eventually breaking up into
family farms. ... Today, roughly 7 percent of the planet's arable land is
either owned by ...
Harnessing Family Farmers | Opinion | The Moscow Times
www.themoscowtimes.com/...family-farmers/495277... The Moscow Times
Feb 26, 2014 - Supporting the success of family farms and increasing
farmers' incomes will significantly raise the overall standard of ... In
Russia alone, more than 15 percent of the population subsists below the
poverty line. .... Today's Paper. [PDF]Prospects of the farming sector and
rural development in ... ftp.jrc.es/EURdoc/JRC85162.pdf by V Uzun - ‎2014
regions is characterised by the predominance of family farms and about 40%
of regions ..... identifying the main engines of today's Russian
agriculture,. i.e. large ...
Russia's small-scale organic agriculture model may hold the ...
www.naturalnews.com/037366_Russia_home_gardens_food_production... Sep 29,
2012 - It turns out that Russia's current agricultural model is one that
thrives as a ... that dominates the American landscape today, Russia's
agricultural system, ... policies there that actually encourage autonomous
family farming, ...

In 1999, 35 million small family plots produced 90% of ...
https://thebovine.wordpress.com/.../in-1999-35-million-small-family-plot...
Aug 9, 2009 - A Russian family by their Dascha, or family plot ... And
while organic farming gets a lot of media attention in North America, the
fraction .... Today, however, the area taken up by lawns in the US is two
times greater than that of ...
Reviving farm traditions in the supermarket era — RT News
rt.com/news/prime-time/healthy-food-organizations-farms/ RT Dec 21, 2010 -
“In the United States or in Europe, the situation is different: there are
family farmers who have done their business for centuries. There is no

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com