permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Measuring Carbon ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Measuring Carbon ?
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 20:50:38 -0400

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Who is the expert on this ? is there a manual ? Then how do we measure
> carbon in pasture ?..ditto ?
>
> ​Regards​
>
> *Steve Hart*
> *Ecology Architect*
> *Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
> Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
> and Systems Ecology.​*
> Skype: tipenemanawa
> Phone: +64 220 75 62 11
> Permaculture Global Design:
> www.permacultureglobaldesign.org
> The Permaculture College of Europe.
> www.permaculturecollege.eu
> GAPPS The Global Alliance for Permaculture Partnerships and Solutions.
> www.permaculturepartnerships.com
> www.ipermie.net
> Avant Geared https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/
> https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared

Gentlemen,

We calculate total C using 50% of LOI. Sometimes, C can reach 60%,
however, in the practical sense - such as considering C:N - this
imprecision matters little. This is a standard accepted method used for
years. Running soluble C requires an $80+k instrument requiring ultra-pure
He and O2. Then, there is the maintenance contract. We don’t have enough
requests for soluble C analysis to justify the investment and expense.
Remember that we specialize in soil fertility, plant nutrition and
irrigation water quality management, and our core business is delivering
remarkable field performance and saving farms. Accordingly, aside from
heavy metals and certain other tests, we restrict ourselves to analyses
necessary to achieve those goals. Watch for expanded Si analysis of
plants… We’ll soon announce comprehensive mineral nutrients tests on
fruits and vegetables to assay nutrient density.

Cordially,

Frank Schultz

214-693-0326

tpsl@aircanopy.net

Corporate Address:

997 South Lowrance Road

Red Oak, Texas 75154

www.TexasPlantAndSoilLab.com <http://www.texasplantandsoillab.com/>

www.AskThePlant.com <http://www.asktheplant.com/>

www.SoilKits.com <http://www.soilkits.com/>

www.atpcpc.com

*Saving Farms Around The World With Innovative Solutions For Over 75 Years.*

*“Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself*

* if you want to be a Prisoner of the Past or a Pioneer of the Future?”*

*“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when *

*his salary depends on his not understanding it.”** -Upton Sinclair*

*“The most dangerous phrase in the language is, *
*‘we’ve always done it this way.’**”** -Rear Adm. Grace Hopper*

Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com
Ello: @ecoponderosa <https://ello.co/ecoponderosa>
https://sites.google.com/site/venaurafarm/