permaculture - [permaculture] Educator, volunteer opportunities

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: Dana Turner <dana.taylforth@gmail.com>
  • Cc: PCofE <college@permaculturecollege.eu>, europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Educator, volunteer opportunities
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 16:58:16 +1200

Hi Dana

To answer you question directly I know of no specific opportunity that you
could directly jump into. However I copy this to one of the American
Networks and the European Network where you may or may not find some
response.

If I can offer any suggestion for your future pathways I would suggest that
you do a number of further PDCs from internationally recognised teachers
and also their teacher training courses. Robyn Francis has three courses
this August in Bulgaria and Romania. There are many others as well through
this period leading up to the International Conference in London Sept
8thish.

It is also recognised that before you teach Permaculture you complete a
Diploma in Permaculture Teaching. This would entail 2 yrs of focused
Permaculture work with co-teaching a wide range of Permaculture courses and
subjects. Your recent work with the APW may not be enough for you to
develop a wide and rigourous basis to the expanse of Permaculture. IMO much
much more is needed to give one competent grounding to begin teaching.
However in saying this you may like to begin somewhere in a primary school
and evolve your own capacities. Enviroschools NZ is a good start. Rhode St
Primary School in Hamilton is one of the best I have seen.

Depending on your preferences you could link into the newly formed Children
in Permaculture CHIPS, collective and gain interests there. You may also
like to attend the IPC12 in London and connect with a vast array of
networks.

So there are many avenues and opportunities for you to walk down. If you
feel like discussing the subject more, myself and my partner Martina who is
one of the drivers behind CHIPS would be keen to chat with you for such
ends. We are presently in Ngaruawahia..so just down the track

Best regards

Steve Hart

for The Permaculture College of Europe

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11
Permaculture Global Design: