permaculture - [permaculture] Crown Bees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Crown Bees
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:42:11 -0400

Crown Bees
http://crownbees.com/

About Us
Our passion is raising mason bees and other solitary bees to increase
garden yields. Our vision is to change the way we pollinate to protect our
environment and sustain our food supply. Join us on our pollinator journey!
Our Mission
http://crownbees.com/bee-active

Watch video:
CrownBees Bee With Me Indiegogo Campaign
http://igg.me/at/crownbees
CrownBees Bee With Me Indiegogo Campaign
https://youtu.be/EMq2Eh23NSk
*Published on Mar 17, 2015*
YOU can bee part of the solution… http://igg.me/at/crownbees
Imagine a world without bees. There would be no blueberries, no cherries,
no pumpkins - not even beer.
Here’s the problem: Most farmers depend on a single type of bee to
pollinate our food and now that bee, the honey bee, is in trouble.
Did you know there’s a super pollinator in your own backyard? Meet the
gentle, native bee!
Keep your favorite foods on the table by joining the network that will
collaborate to raise more native bees and grow more food.

Bee Active

Keeping food on the table

*Raise Amazing Pollinating Mason Bees*

Bees are vital to our food supply!

Honey bees pollinate 1/3 of our food supply, and another third of the food
sources for our meat products. Sole reliance on the troubled honey bee
threatens our ability to pollinate fruits and vegetables to feed a growing
population. Crown Bees has a simple, but bold solution to keep food on the
table. And gardeners are key to success!

Our goal is huge, but doable

We will help supplement the honey bee with the overlooked, but superior
mason bee pollinator. But we need more of these gentle-natured bees. Our
BeeGAP (Gardeners Adding Pollinators) program enlists gardeners to increase
awareness, raise bees successfully, and send in excess bees for rehoming to
regional gardeners and growers.

How You Can Help

Gardeners are early adapters to healthy and better gardening practices. We
offer lots of ways for how you can make a difference, and change the way we
all pollinate our food. Get involved and help us meet our 2015 Bee BuyBack
goal of 250,000 new mason bees.

Bee Awareness is important

Bees need our help, and the first step is awareness.

Not all bees are aggressive and sting, *a major fear for some people.* You
can talk to friends, family, and workmates about how awesome bees are, and
why they are so important to pollinate our food supply. Mason bees are
amazing pollinators and their gentle nature takes the sting out of bee
fears. Below are a few suggestions for where you might spread the word
about the need for more bees!

Remember, since you are on this page, you already know more than many of
your family, friends, and neighbors in your community. Reading through our
website or watching Joe Lamp’l’s Growing a Greener World episode #503 puts
you in the know. And if you’ve added mason bees to your garden or yard, you
have knowledge others will value.
Introduce Crown Bees to…
*Your blog followers. Or link your website to ours.* As a blogger, you are
an influencer with a great reach. Include blogs that help people learn
about native bees, specifically bees they can raise themselves. We have
affiliate programs for your benefit. *Your local newspaper garden writer
or regional TV garden show.* Writers and producers are always looking for
fresh and relevant content. By now, you understand why we need thousands of
gardeners to just hear about these gentle bees. While your regional garden
writer may not know about these bees, we’ll team with them to provide good
content to their readers. Your local position in the community is a
powerful voice. *Your local botanical garden. * Nearly every botanical
garden we’ve spoken to wants to teach people about bees. Your local
botanical garden might be unaware of the value of gentle mason or
leafcutter bees in the garden. Ask to speak with a manager, then connect
that manager to us by email or phone. We’ll reach out to assist them with
exhibits and materials for the visiting public. This is also true for local
zoos. It’s an easy exhibit to include. *Your favorite nursery. *Talk with
your local nursery or garden center about carrying mason bees for their
customers. It will be a more convenient location to buy bee products, and
it will provide a great service to gardeners to increase their yields from
awesome pollination.

  • [permaculture] Crown Bees, Lawrence London, 03/24/2015