permaculture - Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Waldrop <bob@bobwaldrop.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:54:14 -0500

No, it's from Paul at permies.com, who is Very Enthusiastic and sends out a daily email (that you have to subscribe to) and this one looks like he blasted out to everyone who has an account at permies.com. Permies is a very busy bulletin board system, I rarely check there though because I find BBS systems to be time consuming and prefer to receive info via email, such as via this group.

To update folks. . . I did not win my race for City Council, I ended up 178 votes short with 40% of the vote. the winner (the incumbent) got 53% and a third candidate got 7%. I spent about $10/vote, a little less than $5K. The winner spent $100,000, which translated into $148/vote. THe job only pays $12K/year, but she has downtown property alongside where the city is proposing to spend $100Million on a new 4 mile downtown street car (which spending only about $15 M/year on a totally inadequate bus system). However, I met so many fun and exciting people that we are starting the "Ward Six Organization" which will do grassroots organizing on multiple fronts (from tree planting and gardens to transit and politics) and we will see how that turns out.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City