permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Favorite Way to Edge Deep-Mulch Beds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jacqueline Greenleaf <jacque@book-woman.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Favorite Way to Edge Deep-Mulch Beds
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 11:29:35 -0700

My favorite is to use a narrow moat as an edging. Easy to maintain, easy to
change if you want, and unobtrusive. I use a narrow hoe, the moat is about 3"
wide, and up to 6" deep. Does a really good job of keeping running grasses
out of your beds. Dead leaves, etc will accumulate in the moats, just throw
them onto your beds.