permaculture - [permaculture] Grizwald Grim - Google+ - The Community Organism Your social presence can be a part…

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Grizwald Grim - Google+ - The Community Organism Your social presence can be a part…
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:28:36 -0500

[Maybe some will find this fascinating article interesting - since the
global permaculture movement seems to having "issues", some of which are
not always positive or productive, maybe this will suggest solutions, such
as possibly constructing a global PC heirarchy that starts with tribes,
forming communities, all represented at annual convocations, live or
virtual. - I speak from the void, NC, where big ag, big industry and big
military dominate the state and the voice of PC seems but a flickering
candle flame at times - maybe this is the way it is everywhere. LL]

Grizwald Grim - Google+ - The Community Organism Your social presence can
be a part…
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GrizwaldGrim/posts/emqCDvcj4JY?cfem=1
Grizwald Grim <https://plus.google.com/u/0/116135963476096063106>
*The Community Organism*

Your social presence can be a part of multiple community organisms. There
are at least two species of community organisms I've identified thus far.
To keep them separate, I will refer to those using the platform mechanics
to establish a protective barrier 'communities' and those that loosely form
(perhaps around leaders) as tribes.

This post/thread is being created within the confines of a community with a
barrier. You could question a specific individual, or track their comment
activity and define their tribe as people they plus mention, people that
plus mention them.

Both seem to be created behind a commonality of either interest or purpose.
What seems to be lacking is the aligning of information flow between
communities. There seems to be a failure of either recognition or
node-desire to ensure the value sifted within each community is
successfully transmitted to the other communities.

Nodes hunt and gather for their own community, but communities do not yet
seem to have established a reliable protocol for intercommunity
communication. +John Kellden
<https://plus.google.com/101010252943098026073> has
begun a weekly that seems to be a data-packet of this type. If other
communities follow suit, the likelihood of cross-community value exchange
will increase exponentially.

*Among the Tribes*
I'm detecting a divisive difference of perspective as evidenced through
terminology. The perspective variance is this:
*Others are my food.*
*Others and I are on the same team*

I resonate more with the latter and suspect the benefits will quickly
persuade all but the most stubborn of predators.

*note about the image:*
I received another invitation to a crowdsourcing community today - so I did
a search to see how many different ones had sprouted up.

*CTA:* - Do your field observations confirm or dispute the above?

  • [permaculture] Grizwald Grim - Google+ - The Community Organism Your social presence can be a part…, Lawrence London, 02/12/2014