permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Snow that Won't Melt?!?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Carolyn Anderson <cschampagne@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Snow that Won't Melt?!?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:22:59 -0500

I live in North Carolina and have been sending out pictures of our first,
most beautiful snow. I was surprised when I went to work that the road was
still completely white, but thought it was because it was not heavily
traveled. It's been cold, so I didn't expect it to melt very fast, but
today it warmed up and the snow is nearly gone. So, it is melting in
nature.

Having seen this video, I just went outside and gathered up a little bit of
what was left and brought it in to do this experiment. I did get water,
but very little. And I noticed it didn't respond to the flame of a match
the way I expected it to. Some crystals just stayed put.

I don't want to be an alarmist, or chicken little, but I do want to know
how someone, or some group, could make snow out of ? that looks so
authentic. I wouldn't eat this snow, that's for sure.

Yes, full disclosure would be a good thing.

Carolyn