permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [PCGuild] Free 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jono Neiger <jono@regenerativedesigngroup.com>
  • To: David Palnick <dpalnick@yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net" <northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net>, "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, permaculture <westernmapermacultureguild@lists.thepine.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [PCGuild] Free 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 12:45:55 -0500

Buyer beware. Or in this case it may be more like -You get what you pay for…

There is quite a bit of a story behind this course and the person running
the organization. Suffice to say the teacher on the video, Larry Korn no
longer works for this organization. Many students have had a good
experience with this organization. Others haven't. Myself and others have
been threatened with lawsuits by this person.

The organization has taken a name very similar to the Regenerative Design
Institute, thus confusing would- be-donors and course registrants.

I think free courses are a great idea. There are many on-line affordable
courses. This course raised huge amounts of money in a online fundraiser.
As far as I can tell no money went into producing/editing the lectures.
They are lectures by Larry Korn form a course many years ago.

Here is the note on the PC Activist site:
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/DesignCourse/Calendars.htm Look below
the calendar.

Also my note I sent out years ago is pasted below. Some of the links are
outdated. Some have had threats to take down the information:

Potential students should be aware there are serious concerns surfacing
about the courses being advertised from Regenerative Leadership Institute,
Common Circle Education, and Vladislav Davidzon.

Please do your homework and do not take a course without gathering the
best, objective, non-marketing information you can. Below are some links
where course participants have voiced concerns and related their
experiences.

If you have taken a course with Common Circle Education (Now Regenerative
Leadership Institute) and would like to share a first hand report, either
publically or not, please be in touch.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/common-circle-education-beaverton-3

http://web-hosting-reviews.biz/thinkhost.com-reviews

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml

http://www.web-hosting-top.com/reviews/thinkhost.com

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=738931

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-3243.html

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/permaculture-course-in-san-francisco

http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-reviews/adult-and-continuing-education/common-circle-education-in-beaverton-or-22031503

http://bloggingpoet.squarespace.com/bloggingpoetcom/commoncirclecom-eco-spam.html

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2011/05/13/slow-restaurant-finds-fast-following/

******************
Jono Neiger
Regenerative Design Group
www.regenerativedesigngroup.com

Conway School
Graduate Program in Sustainable Landscape Planning & Design
www.csld.edu

PINE; Permaculture Institute of the Northeast
www.northeastpermaculture.org

*Workshops This Winter:*
• Whole Farm Design, Advanced Permaculture
Course<http://bigsmallfarm.org/news/whole-farm-design-advanced-permaculture-course-jono-neiger-january-2014/>,
Big Small Farm, Bushnell Florida, January 2014
• Advanced Permaculture and Agroforestry, Maya Mountain Research Farm,
Belize, March, 2014

Local Food Enterprise Summit/Financial Permaculture
Course<http://www.financialpermaculture.com/courses/2014miami>,
Miami, March 10-14
• Urban Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Tampa
Bay<http://www.permacultureguild.us/urban-permaculture-design-course-tampa-bay/>