permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How to Process Carob [locust also?]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How to Process Carob [locust also?]
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:46:35 -0500

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM, georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:

> But the carob halva recipe is nice, thanx Lawrence!

Hello George:

That really looks delicious! That's my kind of food. Sesame is an excellent
source of protein. Raw sesame can be ground into a paste in a grain mill
then put onto a raw vegetable salad consisting of lettuce, tomato, onion of
garlic, avocado, pepper, celery, kale, collard, carrot, sprouts from your
sprout farm; or grind the sesame then put into a blender with carrot,
sunflower sprouts, a little beet - use this as a raw protein dreesing for
the salad. This is raw foods dieting at its best. The source of life
eternal.Nafex's Deb Schneider came up with that link.in the course of talk
about processing locust. <my neighbor has a honey locust tree filled with
seedpods. I wil gather some for planting
and maybe even a snack - he also has a trifoliate orange, citrus
trifoliata.filled with fruit. Google provided links about its traditional
use as a medicine and tonic,
digestive aid, maybe a marmalade too. Do you have any experience with this
fruit? Its hardy rootstock is extensively used for grafting types of citrus
fruiting stock onto..

Do you live anywhere near Sepp Holzer and have you visited his permaculture
farm? Sure would be nice to have him participate in this list. His and his
family's is outstanding - one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern
Permaculture World.

LL