permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Long Before Trees Overtook the Land, Earth Was Covered by Giant Mushrooms | Smart News

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Long Before Trees Overtook the Land, Earth Was Covered by Giant Mushrooms | Smart News
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 22:17:22 +0100

I agree, John. Imho we are having fossil oil and coal only because when the giant trees covered the earth, there were no fungus around who could break down the lignin - so they whre piling up hundreds of meters, and when they got folded in by some geological event and received pressure etc., they turned into coal/oil - fungi came after the lignious trees, I understand. I might be wrong tho.
Georg