permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Confronting the Context: Permaculture and Capitalism

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Koreen Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Confronting the Context: Permaculture and Capitalism
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 21:59:30 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks much for posting all those great resources Lawrence. You are the
resource king! Have you heard of locallygrown.net? We have a few of those
going in our area, it's a great way for local urban farmers to find a
marketplace on line and then deliver in person. They don't have to harvest
crops until they sell them and they make 80% of the profits. Pretty sweet
system. We also have a cooperative farmer's market and urban farming system,
another one our graduates did that. There is a movement to get libraries to
save seeds and tool share (a couple of them are "lending" out seed - the
person is supposed to save seed from the crop and return some to the library
for the next person). For whatever reason, maybe because recession is still
hitting us here, alternative economies have caught on, with some people at
least.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow