permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ?-? VIORICA TOMOIAGA - Vai saracu Vasalie -YouTube + Traditional Scything!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ?-? VIORICA TOMOIAGA - Vai saracu Vasalie -YouTube + Traditional Scything!
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 23:31:19 +0100

I would not mind betting that there are more big machines in Ireland per head of rural population than in the US. Many farms also have one or more 20 ton excavators. In fact there are probably more of these machines around than shovels. Is there any other place where pesticides like roundup are used recreationally? We have a neighbour who gave his teen age sons each a backpack sprayer for their X mass. They now have a quad bike each with spray equipment.
John

Oh My God/dess, et tu Ireland? I thought only the United States had succumbed to the terrible disease of large whiny lawn-equipment. If you want to get a good (grim) laugh, walk down the street on Saturday morning in just-about-anytown USA and behold the spectacle of one tiny chemical-green patch after another, each being buzz-cut by an out-of-shape guy riding a preposterously giant lawn-tractor. And then comes the finish with those horrible whiny "edgers". Ouch! With all the other noises considered "normal" in modern life, it is downright trauma-inducing.

John D'Hondt wrote
"Pity that so many here in Ireland prefer petrol "strimmers" these days for road side work and sit on mowers for anything more."

Jenny Nazak
art & permaculture pages jennynazak.com
Florida permaculture hub project floridapermaculture.net

"When we perceive that the only difference between any of us us is beliefs, and that beliefs can be created or discreated with ease, the right and wrong game will wind down, and world peace will ensue."
-- Harry Palmer, author of the AvatarĀ® materials www.TheAvatarCourse.com
(AvatarĀ® is a registered trademark of Star's Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.)