permaculture - [permaculture] Quivira Conference: Speaker Profiles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Fortson <david@loatree.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Quivira Conference: Speaker Profiles
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:13:58 -0700

Good day,

I wanted to give you all an update on the speakers we have booked for the Nov
13 - 15 Quivira Conference, "Inspiring Adaptation."
http://quiviracoalition.org/2013_Quivira_Conference_/index.html

This year's amazing line-up of speakers includes a co-winner of the Nobel
Peace Prize, winners of a Pulitzer Prize in Poetry, a MacArthur "Genius"
Grant, a Pew Fellow in Conservation and Environment, a winner of the Stewart
L. Udall Award for Conservation, a Guggenheim Fellow, two Society for Range
Management Award winners, and six Clarence Burch and Radical Center Award
winners from the Quivira Coalition.

Speakers Include:

Pulitzer Prize for Poetry winner Gary Snyder and Jack Loeffler
Dr. Jonathan Overpeck, Dr. Gary Paul Nabhan, Dr. Deborah Finch, Bill Zeedyk
Darren Doherty of Heenan Doherty

Speaker list and bio's are here:

http://quiviracoalition.org/2013_Quivira_Conference_/2013_Speakers/

About the Conference: From prehistoric times to the present, human societies
have successfully adapted to the challenges of a changing West, including
periods of severe drought, limitations created by scarce resources and
shifting cultural and economic pressures. Now, the American West is entering
an era of unprecedented change brought on by new climate realities, which
will test our capacity for adaptation as well as challenge the resilience of
the region's native flora and fauna. It is therefore paramount that we find
and share inspiring ideas and practical strategies that help all of the
region's inhabitants adapt to a rapidly changing world.

We will hear from scientists, ranchers, farmers, conservationists, urban
planners and others who have bright ideas and important tools to share from
their adaptation toolbox.

Hope to see some of you there!

David Fortson

LoaTree
...Live for a Better World
805.450.2357
LoaLiving Magazine

  • [permaculture] Quivira Conference: Speaker Profiles, David Fortson, 08/27/2013