permaculture - Re: [permaculture] kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 17:56:50 -0600

Lawrence,

I think I go to a lot of effort to help people past honest mistakes.
Usually the first step is that they admit to an honest mistake.

I haven't seen an honest mistake in this case. I've seen a lot of
weird. And what's up with the stuff about communes and t-shirts?

"I can only take that as an insult" - that doesn't sound like "honest
mistake."

Oh - and Ireland did you say? Then that's $120. So he wanted the
$120 item, and shelled out $80?

The way kickstarter works just seems so clear and easy to me.

So, once again: the guy got what he paid for. If he comes to the
conclusion that he made an honest mistake, then he'll say "oops! I
get it now! D'oh! Sorry for all the ruckus!" and then buy the DVDs.
Easy peasy.