permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fermented plant teas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: tanya <tanyagarden@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fermented plant teas
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:19:33 -0700

I make mine at a community garden, so odors need to be confined. I chop the
nettles, pack them down in a 5-gallon bucket, add water, sometimes put a
weight on top (a brick or flat stone), put the lid on. When I need it, I
transfer solids (stems) to the compost bin and pour the rest into gallon
containers. To use, I dilute it.