permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Studies on keyline effectiveness?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Studies on keyline effectiveness?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:10:35 -0400

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM, rafter sass ferguson
<liberationecology@gmail.com> wrote:
> To my knowledge - and mild astonishment - there have been no formal
> studies of keyline.

You could easily visit farms and permaculture sites that use this
implement in its various configurations and document its use.
I owned one, a three shank medium length mounted on a simple Cat2 3PH
toolbar with no wheels or hydraulic depth adjusters.
It did exactly what it was intended for and my 5 acre farm soil
improvement program for raised beds would would not have been the same
without it.
I centered the Yeomans 3 shank and ran it down each of my 48 inch
raised beds dozens of times over the years. No other implement can
come anywhere close
to what this worldclass implement can do. A program involving Keyline
plowing with it along contours on slopes for increased water
infiltration, soil quality and fertility, depth of tilth, erosion
prevention
and water impoundment can easily be done with excellent results,
increasing from year to year.

How is your permaculture and farming research project progressing. Can
you give us an update? Do you post regular reports
at your liberation ecology site where you did the project crowdfunding?

I hope it is going well because it is so important and others should
do this work also.

LL