permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [northeasternpermaculture] "What Permaculture Isn't" is badfor permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darrell E. Frey" <defrey@bioshelter.com>
  • To: Robert Meyer <robert.meyer86@gmail.com>, Dave Jacke <davej@edibleforestgardens.com>
  • Cc: NE PC Listserv <northeasternpermaculture@lists.riseup.net>, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [northeasternpermaculture] "What Permaculture Isn't" is badfor permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:47:06 -0400

I was not sure if I made it up or, perhaps I borrowed from Holmgren,
 But to me permaculture always have been:
 A system of ecological design
A building, landscape , farm or what ever designed with permaculture (
per Mollison's Designers Manual)
And a network of individuals and organizations worldwide promoting
permaculture design.

So with in that context I honor many diverse manifestations of
permaculture adapted to many bioregions and cultures.

Let us hope permacultue is  also a growing movement to regenerate the
planet and vitalize human well being. I suppose the movement part is
not a definition, but a result of our efforts. This "movement" aspect
gives me hope and courage to continue to present a postive message and
do good work.

Darrell E. Frey
Three Sisters Farm
defrey@bioshelter.com