permaculture - [permaculture] Sustainable Poultry Network —

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, marketfarming <marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Sustainable Poultry Network —
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:06:33 -0500

Sustainable Poultry Network —
http://www.sustainablepoultrynetwork.com/

The *Sustainable Poultry Network* is all about creating local and regional
food movements, specifically with standard bred, heritage poultry for meat
and eggs! We believe that the very best poultry for the kitchen tables of
American families are the traditional, heirloom breeds that are recognized
by the *American Poultry Association <http://www.amerpoultryassn.com>. *We
also believe that if we are going to preserve the heritage breeds of
chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese, we must get them back to their
production qualities.

These birds must also qualify by the following definitions listed below. We
are thankful for the *ALBC <http://albc-usa.org> *and the hard work they
have done to define what exactly a heritage bird is.

  • [permaculture] Sustainable Poultry Network —, Lawrence London, 02/17/2013