permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea] Compost tea in Honduras - Advice needed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Todd <todd@mycrobz.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea] Compost tea in Honduras - Advice needed
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 19:47:31 +0000 (UTC)

venaurafarm <venaurafarm@...> writes:

> [...]
Hello Olivier,

Sounds like a very interesting thesis. I live in Canada and operate a small
business that cultures a version of EM. I also produce Bokashi Starter and
promote Bokashi composting (the anaerobic method done indoors in a sealed
container).

In regards to Bokashi and your experiments, I think it would be very
interesting
if you compared the effects of a compost tea brewed with regular compost to a
compost tea make with fermented Bokashi waste. They can both be prepared
using
Dr Ingrham's method of aerating them for 24 hours. I don't think this
comparison has been done before and, though I would expect the Bokashi Tea
perform better (due to the preservation of nutrients during the Bokashi
process
and the addition of microbes), I don't know for sure and it would be quite
helpful to understand the differences if any.

If you have any questions on how to Bokashi compost in a sealed container and
produce the fermented waste; please get in touch and I can explain and inform
you on the few ingredients and items you will require.

Good Luck,

Todd Veri
todd@mycrobz.com