permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Oh Yes It Does / Let's Make This Clear: Vertical Farms Don't Make Sense

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Alia Tsang <alia@dietrick.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Oh Yes It Does / Let's Make This Clear: Vertical Farms Don't Make Sense
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 15:02:48 -0800

Vertical farms might not be -the- solution to urban food problems, but
anything that brings more agriculture/horticulture to areas where people
aren't exposed to it and increases food diversity in those areas can't be a
bad thing. The more chances people have to come across food growing, the
more likely they'll get interested in the process and looking at
alternatives like permaculture. And hey, maybe someone will come up with a
really innovative way to use it as a recycling system. If we're already
spraying "biosolids" on crops, why not just keep all that shit in the city?

Alia