permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A leverage point we all can do something about

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A leverage point we all can do something about
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:02:02 -0400

On 9/2/2012 6:16 PM, Linda Ray wrote:
I still want to know if someone is trying to sell me GMO ingredients or GMO
produce.
So that I can ditch it.

There are the obvious political/economic/social issues associated with production of gmo crops. We all know what those are. The message agribiz is not sending but is implied is "we should grow our own food, some of it or all of it and provide for others seeking non gmo foods,
those that can grow their own and those who can not, by donation, sales, barter, consumer coop and marketing coop. A friend mentioned recently that a measure of a society is how well they take care of those in need and those who can not take care of themselves. This is what the permaculture third ethic seems to say.

First step is to educate and energize those who want to provide for themselves, live sensibly, live sustainably and renewably using systems that regenerate themselves. Use the bootstrap method or any other means of achieving their goal. Obviously natural gardening and permaculture go hand in hand and provide the starting point, things that generate interest from the start.
from this list's homepage:
Permaculture Mailing List
It will prove to be a useful resource for those who choose to be involved, in depth, with permaculture,
gardening, homesteading and farming as a means of achieving good health, self-sufficiency and independence,
practicing it actively at home and throughout their communities and bioregions.
EcoLandTech
ecolandtech: designing ecological land use systems with integrated elements for synergy, sustainability,
regeneration and enhanced nature-compatible human habitat
Add: self sufficiency, independence, lifestyle efficiency and responsibility for your own health and well-being, personal sovereignty, active participation in all categories of local networking and community building and local renewable energy, water conservation
and land stewardship projects.

I am going to add most of this to the pc list page...
LL

"Identity-preserved" is the missing phrase throughout the business guy's
response

Exactly.