permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Survival Gardening In The Heat

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Survival Gardening In The Heat
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:15:12 -0700

Very useful info, Marjory--and congrats on all those views. I like that you
focus on what really works in serious heat and what can provide real calories
and nutrition (having just been in 60 days of 95+ weather in normally cool
Montana, I can relate!).

And you don't even look sweaty (I was going to say "look hot" but that could
be taken as a double-entendre that I'd have to then explain and back out of,
so it's best to avoid--wait, I didn't avoid--I mean, um . . .)

The slightly cooler version would be Carol Deppe's "The Resilient Gardener,"
which has been mentioned on this list before: she describes, and has grown,
crops that grow easily and will actually feed you: corn, squash, beans,
potatoes, chickens. We could use more practical work like both of these.

Good work!

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com