permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture, dentist.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: maria morehead <spiralmother@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture, dentist.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:05:45 -0700

Any astringent such as oak bark helps tighten tissue.

Rosemary Gladstar has some great oral health recipes in her Family
Herbal book as well.

~maria
w. seattle

On 8/16/12, tanya <tanyagarden@gmail.com> wrote:
> I went to a presentation at a conference where the products of this company
> were being touted for daily use and to prevent gum disease.
> http://www.oramd.com/
> Their products are basically iirc peppermint and spearmint essential oils.
> But they do have interesting things to say about most toothpastes.
>
> I googled "herbal dental" and got this article -- a good place to start.
> http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.aspx?Id=868
>
> Anecdotally, I've found that when I've had a mild toothache, the tiniest
> bit of tea tree essential oil on the tip of a toothpick, applied to the
> spot, was effective. Clove oil is usually promoted for this use, but I
> think it's too strong. But note that most essential oils are not
> recommended for internal use.
>
> Another remedy I've used for dental emergencies is a bit of echinacea
> tincture on a tiny bit of cotton ball, placed next to the gum. The
> echinacea has a numbing effect.
>
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM, elizabeth bell <
> whatintheworld1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awhile back, a few years ago, someone in this group mentioned a
>> workshop about plant based dental health.I missed the workshop but I'm
>> wondering if anyone knows of resources on the web that provide this
>> type of information? thank you, Elizabeth in Arkansas

> Google message archive search:

"No ears to listen and no speech, mountains, rivers, grasses and trees,
the hidden language knows the heavens, knows Earth.

Coming and going, the passing birds don’t stay in one place,
freely, only living."
~Fukuoka Masanobu

You ask why I make my home in the mountain forest
and I smile, and am silent,
and even my soul remains quiet;
It lives in the other world
which no one owns.
The peach trees blossom.
The water flows. Li Po (701-761)

Supporting vibrant health in my community by providing education, nutrition,
herbal connection and ritual through grateful interaction with Gaia.